Why PhaRem ?
- The presence of organic micro-pollutants, (pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, etc.) in the environment is a problem that has caused great social and scientific concern.
- Pharmaceuticals active compounds (PhACs) are being used at an increasing rate, and end up in wastewater through excretion and improper disposal.
- Conventionally treated efﬂuents exhibited incomplete removal of pharmaceutical compounds, thus residual amounts of them are released into the receiving aquatic environment while recycled water may be also applied for soil irrigation, bring upon risks to aquatic systems, humans, soil, crops and biota.
Collaboration Of 6 Partners
- University of Ioannina.
- Decentralised Administration os Epirus and West Macedonia.
- University Hospital of Ioannina.
- University “ISMAIL QEMALI” Vlore.
- Regional Council of Vlore.
- Regional Hospital of Vlore.
PhaRem's Latest Publications
Photocatalytic Treatment Of Pharmaceuticals In Real Hospital Wastewaters For Effluent Quality Amelioration.
Assessment Of Multiclass Pharmaceutical Active Compounds (PhACs) In Hospital WWTP Influent And Effluent Samples By UHPLC-Orbitrap MS: Temporal Variation, Removals And Rnvironmental Risk Assessment.